Monday, May 31, 2010

First trip to the movies!






Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day. We enjoyed our long weekend. On Saturday we took Caitlin to her first movie! We took her to see Shrek Goes Forth. She seemed enjoy it and was very well behaved and we had a good time. We’ll probably take her to see Toy Story 3 after it comes out in a few weeks. Yesterday we went to a cookout at Nana Bev and Grampa Bob’s house. We all had a good time and Caitlin enjoyed seeing everyone. She liked playing with Maddie and enjoyed running around the yard playing with Mandy (Nana Bev’s dog). Yesterday Caitlin also took her big wheel for a ride down the street. Toni and I had to push her but she had a blast! She loves being outside and has even started saying “go outside”. Today we got up early and went to the park. Caitlin had fun playing on the slide with some of the other kids. At one point she fell down on her knees and came walking over to us holding her knees and saying “owiee”. She then took the ice pack from our insulated thermos bag and started holding it on her knees. It was so cute to watch her with her ice pack.

This week Caitlin also used the potty on her own for the first time. At school she waited in line for the potty and then waited to pee until she was sitting on the toilet! She’s had a couple of other times this week that she’s come over to us holding her diaper and saying “potty” but she’s always already gone to the bathroom before we get her to the toilet. I think she’s coming along with potty training though and I think it won’t be long before she gets it down. This week she also started doing something else that’s kinda weird, she’s started licking people and animals. Rather than giving a kiss, she’ll try to lick us! I think she gets it from Shiloh who is constantly trying to lick her face. She’s also started putting her foot in her mouth and sucking on her toes. When we ask her what she’s doing, she’ll just start laughing and smile at us.

Last week was my last week working on my old team. I’ve moved to my new desk and will start in my new area tomorrow. I have mixed feelings about the new job but I am excited. The constant changes in my career over the last 2 years has been hectic but I will say that all of the changes have definitely put me in a better place professionally. Being in a work environment that encourages learning and questioning things is a lot different from the “you’re just a piece of a puzzle” and “we’re not interested in your opinion” type of environment I was in for years. I’ve been able to learn things that I never dreamed of learning years ago and now will be learning something that I’ve never done before . Should be an interesting week…

Toni's been feeling good and it seems like the morning sickness has subsided. Today marks the completion of week #11. Check out what's going on with the pregnancy during week 12 here - http://www.babiesonline.com/pregnancy/week-by-week/week12.asp

No comments: