Sunday, May 23, 2010

More "firsts"




This week went pretty well. After Tuesday's appointment, the rest of the week really is a blur to me. Caitlin did start doing some new things though that were pretty cool. One night during the week she went out into the back yard and helped Toni pot a plant. She was very helpful in taking dirt out of the bag and helping Toni fill the pot. She got really dirty but had a lot fun. She loves being outside and I really would like to get her a swing set so we can setup a nice play area for her soon. She likes to go outside and help us pull weeds too. It's funny to watch her pull up perfectly good blades of grass and come add them to the trash bag that we're collecting weeds in. :)

This week she also started putting her hands on her hips when she's being adamant about saying "no". She looks so cute standing so serious with her hands on her hips telling Shiloh not to go to the bathroom in the back yard. She'll strike her pose and start saying "no poo-poo! bad doggie" Shiloh had pooped in the house one day and now every time we get home, Caitlin sniffs the air and asks, "poo-poo?" In other news, this week she also went up the stairs holding the railing with one hand and my hand with the other. I asked her if the rail was too high to which she responded, "yeah". When we were going back down the stairs, I told her to sit down and slide from stair to stair and she did it! She also knows when she's done something wrong. If she does something wrong now she'll run to the parent who isn't telling her she did something wrong and not want to let go of them.. It amazes me every day how much she understands. One morning I asked her where her shoes were and she shrugged her shoulders and said "no know." Another morning I asked her if her me-me (pacifier) was under the bed and she shrugged her shoulders and then got down on the floor to take a look! She really does amaze me every day. This week she also found a fun new toy - Matchbox cars! We found my old cars in the garage and she took them into the kitchen and started rolling them around on the floor and making car noises. :)

This week we don't have much planned. This will be my last week working for my current team and then after the long weekend, I'll be starting my new job. As with all of the job changes I've gone through over the last couple years, I'm approaching this one with excitement and nerves. I'll be moving to a team that I know nothing about and will be starting at the ground floor trying to learn about Unix. It's nice that this time around I'm not really having to say goodbye to anyone as has been the case in the past. I'll be sitting in the same area I am now, just with a different team. Hopefully the change will be a good one and will open up some doors for me in the future. We've also decided that probably the weekend after next, we're going to take Caitlin to see Shrek Goes Forth. I think she'll really enjoy it and she seems to sit through Disney movies here at home so I think she'll do fine. We're going to take her to the 2D rather than 3D showing though. I can't see her sitting with the glasses on for 2 hours and honestly, I find the 3D to be more annoying and not worth the extra money. It seems to make the movie look very dark. Anyway, hopefully we'll get to take her to her first movie soon. If she does well at Shrek, we'll probably take her to see Toy Story 3 later on. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: