Monday, May 3, 2010

7 years!






Hello everyone! It's been a couple of weeks since my last post so let me fill everyone in on what's been going on. To start, today marks me and Toni's 7th anniversary! We took the day off and went and had breakfast together, went to see "Date Night" (which was great) and then had a late lunch. It was a nice relaxing day and a nice way to celebrate. Saturday night Aunt Sarah, Uncle Dan and Cousin Maddie came over to watch Caitlin so Toni and I could go out to dinner together. We had a nice dinner and then went for ice cream and then got to see some old friends who were passing through town. Overall, our weekend was very nice. Sometimes I can't believe we've been married for 7 years and I can say without a doubt that I wouldn't change any of the last 7 years for anything. :)

To recap the last 2 weeks, Toni, Caitlin and I spend about 4 days in Brownsville where I worked on crown molding and window trim for Toni's Dad. It came out really nice and somehow I was able to get it all done. For being a small house, it had more difficult angles than any house I've worked on so far! It looks really nice and I can't wait to see it all painted and finished. We got back from Brownsville in the middle of the week to be greeted by a Jury Summons for next Monday for me... Then we got some other news at the end of the week - I've been promoted!! I'll be working at the same place, but will be going to the Unix team. The new position should offer quite a few challenges and I'm sure it'll keep me busy. I just have to shake my head sometimes when I think about all of the changes the last 2 years have brought. 2 years ago I was 2 months away from Caitlin being born and was being laid off. 2 years later, I'm in a much better work environment, have a beautiful daughter and another baby on the way! The last 2 years have brought a lot of change with them but I have to say, everything is better now in my life than it was 2 years ago. :) The cool thing about this job change is that I'm actually only moving to the other side of the office so there's actually people I'm currently working with that I'll be sitting closer to than I am now! The job however will be totally different. I'll be starting 2 weeks from today. It's nice that this job change I'm not having to say goodbye to my friends again like my last 2 job changes.

Caitlin continues to amaze us every day. She had a lot of fun in Brownsville. After watching the other kids for a while at the playground she actually started climbing the play set and sliding down the twisty slide by herself! She had a lot of fun playing with her cousins Layla and Zaira and I don't think she wanted to leave! She's now able to get out of her car seat (after we unlatch her) and climb out of the car on her own and has even climbed the stairs holding onto the wall with us walking behind her all on her own! Tonight she sat on her Sit-n-Spin and for the first time figured out how to make it spin on her own. She seemed to have a lot of fun spinning around!

This week should be busy. Tomorrow at 4:15 we have our first appointment. We should be able to get a sonogram and see how everything is going. Toni's been fighting some pretty bad morning sickness the last 2 weeks that seems to be getting better. Hopefully things will get better and she'll start feeling better soon. It still hasn't really hit either of us that Toni's actually pregnant yet. Tomorrow's appointment should make it feel more real. I had a dream that they told us we were having twins. My reaction was much like Cameron's reaction in Ferris Bueller's Day Off when he saw the mileage on the car... :) Hopefully that won't be the case tomorrow. I'll try to make a quick post to let everyone know how it turns out.

No comments: