Well, as you can see by the first pic, we had quite a week! Actually, we had quite a morning today when Toni woke me with the news! Yes, it looks like sometime in December Caitlin is going to have a brother or sister! I'm sure she's going to have a sister. Needless to say, we're both excited and nervous. Looks like we'll be cleaning out the guest room this summer and start getting it ready for the baby in early fall. Toni's going to call the Doctor tomorrow and try to setup an appointment. Of course, you're all welcome to follow the drama as it unfolds right here. :)
This week Caitlin continued maturing. She's started saying more multi-word sentences including, "Come on Daddy" and "Bad Doggie". One night when we got home, Shiloh had pooped in the house and Caitlin started sniffing and then pointed at Shiloh and said "Poop! Bad Doggie". It was so funny to watch her point at Shiloh and say "No! Bad Doggie".
In other news, Caitlin has started teething again. This time we think it's her 2 year molars. She's been chewing on things quite a bit lately and this week she decided to chew on a couple of kids at daycare. Needless to say, the staff wasn't thrilled... The owner of the school spent the last several hours of the day watching Caitlin and agreed that she's teething. We're going to try Popsicles and pacifiers to help her with the pain. The owner said that this is a normal occurrence in kids this age and it's probably nothing to worry about but we need to keep our eyes on her.
This weekend Caitlin had some visitors. Her friends Maya and Shelby came over on Saturday to play here at the house. They had a good time playing together and it was nice to see her playing with other kids. Today Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dan came over with Maddie. Maddie's getting so big. Caitlin got really excited and kept saying "baby". When they were leaving, Caitlin kept waiving to the car and saying "baby, baby".
This week should be pretty busy. Toni's going to call the Doctor to get an appointment and on Wednesday I have an interview for another position at my job. I'm not sure if the job is something that I want to do long term but I'm looking forward to sitting down and talking to them to see what it has to offer. We'll see how it goes. Friday we're leaving for Brownsville. I'm bringing all my tools and am going to do crown molding and window trim at her father's house. It's gonna be a lot of work and I'm not sure I'll have enough time to finish the whole thing but I'll do my best. I'll try to post at least a quick update from Brownsville but if not, I'll post again next week some time. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment