Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sleepless nights




What a week! It seemed that this week took forever! Monday started out around 3AM for us. Caitlin woke up and came into our room. I gave her some milk and then spent about an hour with her trying to get her back to sleep. By that time, I was wide awake and before I could fall back asleep, the alarm was going off! I spent Monday at the court house doing Jury Duty. I figured it would be a boring day so I brought my laptop and Nintendo DS thinking I would be able to watch movies and play games all day. No such luck... I was part of the second group of people who were called for a jury. We spent the morning listening to the prosecution question us about our feelings on drunk driving. I went to the Cadillac Bar for lunch because Toni told me that their burgers were great. Unfortunately the one day I was downtown was the one day that they were out of hamburger.... I ended up having a club sandwich and then returned to be questioned by the defense attorney for a couple of hours. By 3:00 they made their jury selections and I wasn't one of them! It wasn't as bad an experience as I had feared at least and I'm thankful that I didn't get called. :)

Pretty much every day during the week Caitlin continued waking up around 3:30 every morning. Toni and I traded off most mornings but it was a pretty exhausting week. We think we finally found a solution to the problem at least. We've started turning on her humidifier and now she's sleeping through the night again. Actually yesterday she slept almost 11 hours! We think she was as exhausted from the week as we were.

This weekend we took it easy. Toni and Caitlin went to a birthday party on Saturday. Caitlin had fun playing with one of the other kids. :) She's started to say more multi-word sentences now. Most of the time she says at least 2 words but has even said 3 word sentences and once even said a 4 word one! The other night she wanted to go upstairs and said, "come on mommy and daddy". It's so cool to watch her and listen to her! She talks and plays with Shiloh a lot now and asks for him when she can't find him. She calls him "Yai-yo". :)

This week should be pretty interesting. I have been promoted at work to the Unix team and my first official day is tomorrow. However..... My current team is keeping me for another couple of weeks to assist in the transition and training of my replacement so I won't actually start my new job until the first week of June. At least I'm going to start getting my new salary though so that's a good thing. :) I am also starting my new schedule tomorrow of 8-5. I'd rather stay on my current 7-4 schedule but I am looking forward to my new job. There's a chance that I'll actually be on a 4 day schedule sometime down the road but that still remains to be seen. Tuesday we have our 2nd appointment where we should get another sonogram done. Toni's feeling better overall but did have one day this week where she was sick. Overall though she's feeling better and seems to be feeling alright. I'll try to post on Tuesday to let everyone know how the appointment goes.

No comments: