This week was a nice short week because of the holiday on Monday. I started my new job working for the Unix team and so far, so good. It's a little overwhelming since in my 15 years in the IT field, I've never actually used Unix but I'm trying to learn what I can. The best way I can describe what it's like for me is that it's like trying to use a computer running Windows but with the Korean language version. I know what I'm trying to do, but everything is completely foreign to me. Hopefully I'll catch on quick. The team seems nice and I hope it turns out to be something I enjoy.
This week Caitlin continued licking and sucking on her toes! I'm not sure why she's doing it but seems to enjoy our reaction whenever we question her about what she's doing. She'll start smiling and laughing and no matter how many times we tell her to stop, she just continues on. Other than that, this week we had a stray dog stay with us for a night. Caitlin enjoyed playing with the "puppy" as she called her. The puppy didn't stay very long though but Caitlin had fun with her for the short time she was around.
Friday we went to a going away party for my friend Eric who will be leaving work on the 15th and going home to Victoria. The party was also a promotion celebration for me. It was a nice get together and Caitlin seemed to enjoy it. Her favorite thing was the watered down salsa and chips. :) Saturday Eric came over to help me install crown molding up at my mom's house. I'm amazed we were able to get it done in 1 day but it came out really nice. It was without question the hardest house I've done so far. It had rounded corners and angles that I've never had to cut before which threw me for a loop for a little while. It was a long day of work but it came out really nice and totally changed the rooms. Toni had to go to work for a few hours so Caitlin got to hang out with Nana Bev and Grampa Bob while I worked on the house. I think she had a good time going to get the mail with them and Mandy (their dog) and playing with all kinds of toys. :)
Tomorrow we have an appointment first thing in the morning with a specialist. Since they are going to be doing a sonogram, I'm going to go with Toni just to make sure everything is ok. I'll try to post at least a quick update tomorrow to let everyone know how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment