Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day!





Happy Fathers Day everyone! I hope everyone had a great day! This week was fairly quiet for us. Friday during lunch Toni had a couple of Doctor appointments. The first was with the Diabetes doctor and the 2nd was with the normal baby Doctor. Everything checked out good and we could hear the heart rate thumping along at 158 beats per minute. I recorded the sound on my phone and after listening to it, I change my mind - I think we're having another girl. The heartbeat sounded exactly like Caitlin's did when we used to get to hear hers. At this point, it all just guessing on my part and we still have at least a month before we find out anything for sure. We're still unsure about names... With Caitlin we knew from day 1 what her name would be and honestly never even thought about a boy's name because I was certain we were going to have a girl. Hopefully we'll come up with something soon! :)
On Friday night Toni's Dad came into town and on Saturday more of her family came in and we all went to a wedding for Toni's Nephew Michael and his new bride Jessica. I spent most of the time chasing Caitlin around off at the reception area. She definitely wasn't interested in sitting still for the ceremony and spent at least 45 minutes running around exploring. I'm not sure where she gets the energy from! The wedding was nice and we had a good time seeing family. Congratulations to Michael and Jessica! At one point Caitlin got up and walked to the dance floor where all of the kids were dancing and started dancing. She was spinning in circles and seemed to really be enjoying herself. It was so cute to watch her. I've uploaded a short video of her down on the bottom of this update. It was a fairly late night for us (a little after 11 when we left) and by the time we got home, Caitlin was ready for bed.
This week Caitlin also alerted us several times that she needed to go to the potty. One of those time she actually made it to the potty and pooped in the potty! Most of the time she alerts us that she has to go potty after she's gone but she's definitely understanding the concept and I think she's going to catch on to it very soon. She's also continued talking and this week her favorite thing to say was "tweet". The means "treat" as in she wants to pick out a treat for Shiloh to give to him. She's expanding her vocabulary and is getting easier to understand more every day.
Today we went to breakfast with everyone from the wedding and then came home and just relaxed the rest of the day. When Caitlin went to take a nap, I decided to watch a Fathers Day type movie - Live Free or Die Hard. I just couldn't take any more hours of viewing "Ace of Cakes" or "Cupcake Wars" on the food network. Caitlin woke up when the movie had about 20 minutes left and absolutely loved what she saw! During the action sequences she was clapping and whenever there was an explosion she's say "uh-oh." I asked her if she liked the movie and she started shaking her head yes. :) Looks like Daddy might have someone to watch his action movies with now! :) Toni and Caitlin got me a nice Fathers Day card and a couple of really nice figurines that I'm going to take to work and put on my desk. One is a figuring of a little girl and the other is a figurine of Mickey Mouse from the Sorcerer's Apprentice. :)
This week should be fairly quiet. I hope everyone has a great week! Tomorrow marks the completion of week 14 for us!

No comments: