Thursday, July 3, 2008

3 cm's and counting

Today Toni had her second appointment of the week for a Non Stress Test (NST) of Caitlin's heart. Once again everything sounded great. They checked Toni's cervix and she is now at just about 3 CM's (birth happens at 10). That means that over the last 9 days, she's increased by about 1 CM. Last night she began having Braxton-Hicks contractions. (Warmup contractions). They lasted for several hours and for a while were happening every 8 minutes like clockwork. She is having light contractions today as well but not as hard as last night. We're just going to stay around the house this weekend and take it easy. While it's unlikely she'll go into labor over the weekend, we don't want to stray too far from the house just in case. We've got all of the bags packed and we're ready to go whenever Caitlin's ready. I'm not sure if she'll come before the 12th but it might be a close race between her coming on her own and being induced.

We postponed our visit with the Pediatrician yesterday. We're going to go with her either way so putting it off a few days shouldn't be a big deal. If Caitlin is born this weekend, the hospital has pediatricians on staff so it's not a big deal if her normal pediatrician isn't there for her birth. I spent a good part of yesterday at a place called Right Management. It's a company that offers assistance in the job search process. They offer resume services, networking, etc.. The service is paid for for 1 month from my old employer so I figured I may as well take advantage of it. The good news is that if I decide to take a few weeks off when Caitlin is born, all I have to do is tell them and those days won't count against my 30 days.

We hope everyone has a great 4th of July! Have fun and stay safe!

No comments: