Sunday, May 31, 2020

Let the "Yeard" begin....







So this was an interesting week.. On the work front, one of the guys who handles Linux turned in his notice so I think my job is going to get a lot busier for the foreseeable future.. Definitely not looking forward to that. Yesterday I wen to the office for the first time since early March and cleaned out my desk. My department is being moved to another building so we needed to pick up all of our stuff. It was a surreal experience cleaning out my desk. I remember the last time I walked out of the building and I never in a million years thought that that would be the last time I'd ever work in the building again. They are saying that we are going to be moving to University Heights but given that the budget has been cut a lot, I'm not sure that the renovations to the University Heights building will actually happen and I think there's a chance that we'll be working from home permanently. I definitely hope so. Either way, we had a meeting with our CIO and she's very fired up at the prospect of working at home a lot more so I think that the days of going into the office 5 days a week are going to be a thing of the past. Let's hope. I really prefer working from home over going to the office.

In other news, yesterday I shaved for the first time since 2017 and man... I really wish I hadn't. I really don't like how I look without a beard. But I'm going to start what's called "The Yeard Challenge". Basically it's where you grow out your beard for an entire year. Not sure I'll be able to go that long but I've probably grown out a 6 month beard in the past so we'll see what happens. I can't wait for the beard to come back though.. I'm really not happy with it gone.

Early in the week we also got hit by quite a few storms and there was quite a bit of damage around the neighborhood. Fences were down and roofs had damage but luckily we escaped unharmed.

No comments: