Well, just like that, the school year is over. This is actually a sad time for us. Not just because school is out but because yesterday we had been scheduled to start our vacation to Disneyland in California. Unfortunately with the coronavirus cases still being high, we decided to cancel the trip for this year. We'll probably have the girls do some summer classes for school in July just to help them get caught back up. I'm not sure what else we're going to do this summer. Neither Toni or I are going to be able to take our vacations fully next week as we had planned but we're still going to try to take at least a couple of days to do something. A lot of stuff is opening back up but I think that has more to do with politics than actual public safety. I still maintain that I will listen to the doctors and scientists. Once hospitals start allowing visitors again, I'll consider going back out. Until then, I'll keep the family at home as much as possible.
On Thursday night we drove past Emma's school to wave goodbye to all of the teachers and to pick up her yearbook. It was fun and Caitlin said that she smiled so much that her face hurt. :) Other than that, not much has changed. The weather is definitely getting hotter so my lunchtime walks are getting a little hard but I'm still trying to walk in the mornings. I've been trying to lose weight but it's definitely been challenging. I need to figure something out though. I'm not comfortable at my current weight and am tired of not feeling my best. It's not that I feel bad, but I just don't feel good either. I think I'm going to pull the bike down and start riding again.
Other than that, the beard growth is now at 1 week. I still have only stubble but it's nice to see the beard returning. Not sure I'll make it the entire year we'll see. Hopefully this week we'll be able to at least get out and have something like a vacation and I'll have some good pictures for next week. I hope everybody stays safe.

No comments:
Post a Comment