This week was supposed to be the week that we would spend in California seeing Disneyland. Unfortunately the coronavirus had other plans and wouldn't allow it. Maybe next year.. This week we still took most of the week off and tried some adventures in San Antonio. We went down to the Missions and saw 3 of the 5 missions. They were pretty cool and not crowded at all which was nice. We also visited an area that seemed a lot like Austin to me. There was a coffee shop, art shop, and even a small grocery store running along the San Antonio River. We also got to drive around one of the streets in the historic district and see some of the expensive houses down there. The area was really nice and the houses looked like something out of the Victorian era. We also went down to an apartment complex that Toni's company owns and used their pool for a couple of hours. It was nice to get away from our area of town, at least for a little bit.
This week we also took the girls to the orthodontist. Emma got her spacer removed and Caitlin got braces. They were both really brave and did great! I'm really not looking forward to going back to work this week but unfortunately I don't have a choice right now. At least not for a little while longer.. We're on pace to have the house paid off in around 2.5 years so once the mortgage is gone, that will open up a lot of opportunities to do other things that don't require as much income. We'll see.... This week also marks 2 weeks since starting to grow my beard again. It's taking a while but I'm glad to see it coming back.
I'm on call this week and will have to work next Saturday so this week isn't going to be much fun. I'm hoping it's uneventful though. We have our dental appointments on Tuesday afternoon and I'm thinking about getting an appointment with a chiropractor as well. I've been having a lot of joint stiffness and cracking so I'd like to get looked at.

No comments:
Post a Comment