Happy Father's Day! This week was insanely busy. This was the first week with the guy who quit gone and the work came in like an avalanche. I was so busy that I only got a lunch break 1 day. And that day was Tuesday when we went to our dentist appointments. Other than that things were crazy busy and don't show any signs of slowing down anytime soon. I was also on call this week which made things even worse. I ended up putting in 7 hours yesterday with patching and and other stuff that came up. Today we're probably not going to do much with me being on call. Yesterday we started a new movie marathon. A few weeks ago we finished the Rocky/Creed movies which Emma especially enjoyed. Yesterday we started watching the Transformers movies. Some of them were better than others but spending time with the girls is fun. The girls are both continuing to get so big. Caitlin especially has grown. Last Sunday night we stopped by Nana's house and Caitlin is now officially taller than she is!
On the work front, everything has been super busy for Toni as well. Thankfully with the coronavirus cases on the rise again Toni's job has told her to close the doors and do most of the work virtually. I'm very thankful for that. There are a lot of stupid people out there who refuse to wear masks so I think this is better for her not to have to deal with them. Toni has already had 2 residents die from covid-19 so I'm glad she won't be having as much contact with her residents. I'm starting to wonder how much worse the coronavirus is going to get. I read that yesterday the number of new cases hit nearly 32k! Those are numbers that haven't been seen since April. My biggest concern is just keeping my family safe. I truly don't understand these people who are marching on state houses armed with AR-15's or people out protesting. People are literally complaining about not being able to go out of their houses to get haircuts. I just don't understand people..
The only other thing to report is that I'm 3 weeks into growing my beard for an entire year. It's finally starting to look like a beard again which is nice. Looking back at pictures from this day throughout the years was kind of bittersweet today. On this day a year ago we were spending our last day in Disney World. The thought of moving to Orlando keeps creeping back into my head and there's a very real part of me that would like to do it. Unfortunately with the current environment with covid, I think the safe thing to do is to just stay here. San Antonio actually has had the 4th largest increase in cases over the last few weeks (Orlando was 3rd) so it's not like it's particularly safer being here right now but we both at least have jobs so there's that. The thing is, I don't know if I want to continue doing something I have no passion for just to earn a pension so that maybe someday I can retire. We've got a lot to think about on that front..


No comments:
Post a Comment