Happy Halloween everyone! This was a great weekend for the Vargas family! This year we took Caitlin trick-or-treating and we had a blast! At first Caitlin was hesitant about walking up to the houses but after the first couple, she was walking up and saying "trick-or-treat" like she's been doing it for years! It was so cute to watch her. After people would put candy in her bucket, she would say "thank you" and then "bye-bye". She got a lot of candy but no matter how often I offered to carry it for her, she kept saying no! She walked a couple of streets and carried her candy herself the whole time. I asked her a couple of times if she was having fun and she kept saying yes. :) Halloween is usually the one day of the year that I really miss being a kid but I have to admit that watching how excited Caitlin got made me really happy that I'm a parent. It's so amazing to watch her and see the world through her eyes. This was easily the best Halloween I've had in probably the last 25 years or so.
Today we also got to see Cousin Maddie, Aunt Sarah and Uncle Dan. Maddie looked so cute in her flower outfit and Caitlin had a lot of fun playing with her. Toni went to a class today through the hospital for infant care and Caitlin and I hung out and watched some Peanuts and Garfield holiday specials and Lady and the Tramp. Caitlin loves Snoopy now and her favorite Peanuts show is definitely the Christmas special. Today we also carved our pumpkin which looked really cool tonight when we put a candle in it. Caitlin drew a face on her pumpkin (which you can see in the picture). She was very proud of herself and the job that she did. :)
This Friday we had a great day celebrating Toni's 39th birthday! We got up at the usual time and Caitlin gave Toni her present and card and then said "happy birthday mommy". It was so cool! Toni had an early appointment for Emma which went well. I took Caitlin to school a little later in the morning and then got everything together to bring to Caitlin's school to attend a Halloween party at her school. We had a great time having lunch with her and she really seemed to have fun. After lunch we had to take Caitlin to the Doctor though because her eyes had been red for a while and after lunch they were really red. We took Caitlin to the Doctor and the Doctor thought she might have pink eye so she told us to watch her and gave us a prescription but told us to only fill it if it got worse or hadn't cleared up by Sunday. By Sunday it had cleared up so the medicine wasn't necessary. Friday night we decided to take Caitlin with us to dinner at Shogun which was fun. Caitlin sat on my lap the whole time and let Toni enjoy her dinner. She loved the food and it was a great birthday for Toni.
The other big news this weekend was yesterday. Caitlin once again told us that she needed to use the potty and actually went and did it! We are both so proud of her! We also got a dresser for Emma that I put together and I think it looks really nice. Tomorrow marks week 33 in the pregnancy which means that pretty much any time within the next 7 weeks, we should be welcoming Emma into the world! Caitlin seems really excited and talks about Emma quite a bit!

No comments:
Post a Comment