Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Great Pumpkin



This week was a busy and long week. I was on call and was woken up 3 nights at 3:30 which obviously wasn't fun. On each occasion I wasn't able to get back to sleep so I was pretty tired this weekend. I'll definitely be glad to turn over the on call duties to the next person tomorrow morning. This week will be a little hectic for us since I'll be driving about twice as far as usual this week to attend a training class. Hopefully it'll be good and I'll learn something. :) It's close to where Toni works so I'll probably be able to meet her for lunch which will be nice. :)

This weekend we made a trip to Hobby Lobby to get some letters to spell out Emma's name on her wall (see pic) and Caitlin absolutely loved the Halloween decoration aisles! As soon as she saw it, she started looking at everything and just kept saying "wow" over and over. We got her a nice pumpkin to keep inside that she really likes. We've now watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" about 20 times it seems like. She loves Snoopy now and actually seems to prefer the Charlie Brown Christmas show more than the Halloween special.

Caitlin had a field trip at school and they went to a pumpkin patch at a church. The teachers said she enjoyed herself and when she got home was really excited. I think every time we pull up to the house and she sees the Pumpkin out front she gets excited. :) We're hoping to carve her pumpkin soon.

Toni had an appointment for Emma on Tuesday. Everything looked good and Emma's heart beat was 164. Toni has a sonogram on Tuesday which unfortunately I'm going to miss. Hopefully everything looks good. :) The only other news this week was that yesterday we put up stickers of Tinkerbell and Emma's name on her wall. We also got her mattress for the crib. Everything is coming along and we're both very happy with how it looks. Caitlin also likes Emma's room and some nights will even take us into Emma's room just to play in it. :) She seems excited about Emma coming. :)

No comments: