This week was another busy and eventful week in the Vargas household so I'll try to list everything that I can think of. Hopefully I don't forget anything. :) I was in a training class all week that was pretty informative but I remember why I hated working in that part of town for the 10 years that I did, the traffic is HORRIBLE! I don't know how Toni deals with it every day. I was having to leave an hour and 15 minutes early every day to avoid the traffic. Besides the traffic, the week of training went pretty well. On Tuesday Toni had a sonogram that I unfortunately had to miss but it went well. Emma is weighing about 4lbs, 2 ounces and her heart rate was 147. Everything looked good and the Doctor is happy with the progress. Tomorrow marks week 32! We're both getting anxious and were dissapointed to hear that this Doctor doesn't want to do an induction so at this point, we're totally up the air as to when Emma will be born. The due date is December 20th but the Doctor said that judging by Emma's size, we're probably 1 week further along than originally thought so we'll see what happens.. Emma is moving a lot and is making life for Toni pretty uncomfortable at this point. With as much as she's moving, I don't think she'll wait the full 40 weeks to come on her own. From now on, Toni will be seeing the Doctor once a week for checkups through the rest of the pregnancy.
Caitlin continues growing and has started to really help out around the house. One morning Toni had to give herself her insulin and Caitlin came running over to help and helped hold Toni's shirt up so Toni could give herself the shot. It is so cool to hear her start saying "I get it, I get it" and come running over to help. She does the same thing whenever we're upstairs and want a bottle of water from the fridge, she'll tell us to sit down and will go open the fridge to get it for us. I was sick this weekend with a fever for a good part of it and I asked Caitlin to go to my room and get the thermometer and she walked into my room, got it for me and then came over and started trying to put it in my ear to take my temperature. She was very concerned about me and kept asking, "okay daddy? go night night?" She's understanding so much! When we go get groceries now, we get a smaller cart for her that she pushes around and will even put some of the lighter groceries in that we'll hand to her! She's even helping us by taking off her pants and diaper (she still needs help with the shirt) and climbing into the bath tub by herself!
This weekend we also got Caitlin her Halloween costume for this year - Minnie Mouse. Needless to say, she knew what it was immediately and has worn it for 2 days in a row now! She absolutely loves it! She also thinks it's hilarious to put the ears and bow on Shiloh and will tell us to look whenever she does. Shiloh has been a good sport about it. :) We went to a neighborhood Halloween party on Saturday night for a little while and as we were leaving the house, Caitlin ran to the kitchen and started pointing at the counter saying, "glasses" because she wanted to wear her sunglasses. She looked so cute and I think she had a great time. They had a firetruck out with Firemen talking to the kids. Caitlin liked looking at the truck but didn't want to sit in it. She did point at the Firemen and said, "my boys". Then when they were leaving she waved and said, "bye boys".
The biggest news this weekend happened today. Caitlin was sitting with me and said, "i go potty". I asked her if she needed to go and she said yes so I told her to go to the bathroom. She ran into the bathroom and I helped her get on the potty and she peed in the potty! She was very excited and proud of herself and immediately wanted her sticker. We have a chart on the wall for potty training and she gets stickers for doing things - sitting on the potty, going, cleaning herself, flushing, washing hands, you name it. Anyway, after she was done, I gave her the stickers and she put them on the chart and then asked for more. I told her that she could have more when she used the potty again. So she looks at me and tells me she needs to go again. I sat her on the potty and sure enough, she went again! She's learning! She was once again very excited and after she was done and cleaned up, she kept saying, "I did it!" and wanted to high five me! Funny how something as simple as going to the bathroom can make a parent's weekend isn't it? I kept telling her what a good job she did and how proud I was of her!
This week should be interesting. Tomorrow at 8:00 we have our dental cleanings (what a way to start the week right?). For this appointment, we're bringing Caitlin. She'll probably sit with me and if she'll let the dentist take a look, they'll look at her teeth too. They told us that it would be a good idea to get her to come in with us so that she can get used to seeing the Dentist and see that it's no big deal. Should be an interesting morning. Friday is Toni's 39th birthday so we're taking the day off work and will find something to do. We'll probably go to dinner Friday night but we're still not sure what we're going to do during the day. Guess we'll find out when we get there!

No comments:
Post a Comment