Monday, November 8, 2010

Charlie Brown Christmas tree!






Sorry for the late post this week. We had quite a weekend... The excitement started on Saturday afternoon when Toni started having Braxton-Hicks contractions (warm-up contractions). She had gotten these with Caitlin at 36 weeks and they weren't too severe but this time was a completely different story. These contractions were rough and brought tears to her eyes. There was actually a couple hours there that I was thinking we might end up having to take her to the hospital if they kept up. Luckily, they subsided although she still had a couple on Saturday night and Sunday morning. She had an appointment with the Doctor today for a non-stress test and everything looks good with Emma and there's no concern about her contractions. These contractions happened more than 2 weeks earlier than they did with Caitlin though so I'm starting to think that Emma isn't going to wait the full 40 weeks. This pregnancy has been a lot different than it was with Caitlin and I'll be glad when we're though it and Emma is born and healthy. At the appointment today, the Doctor said that she will be giving Toni 2 more sonograms and will decide after the 2nd one whether to induce early or not based on Emma's size. Toni has appointments every week from here on out. We hit week #34 today which is a good thing. I read that a baby born in week 34 has a 98% chance of survival and the same chance of growing up healthy as a baby that goes full term! The most shocking thing I found though was that a baby born at 34 weeks 40 years ago (2 years before I was born) would have had only a 25% chance of survival!

Toni's contractions were just the start to our weekend. On Sunday morning around 2:30am, Caitlin woke up throwing up. We got her cleaned up and took her to our room where she threw up again. :( In total, she threw up around 7 times on Sunday. The only thing she could keep down was Pedialyte. This morning I took her to the Doctor and the Doctor said she's seen a lot of cases of kids with a stomach virus like this and as long as Caitlin was able to hold down liquid and wasn't running a fever, she should be ok. I stopped and got her some medicine the Doctor recommended to help with her stomach and kept her home from school today. She didn't get an appetite until around 2:30 but when she did, she seemed to do pretty well. So far she's managed to keep down lunch and even wanted chocolate milk. She seems to be doing better so she should be able to go back to school tomorrow. We walked down to get the mail around 4:30 and she seemed to enjoy the fresh air. :)

This week also marked a major milestone for us. Wednesday, November 3rd marked 10 years since Toni and I met! I can't imagine where my life would be had I not gone to hang out at my friend Victor's house that night. Toni was there seeing Victor's wife and the rest is history. It doesn't seem possible that 10 years have passed but I can say without a shadow of a doubt that every aspect of my life is better today than it was 10 years ago. I really feel like I'm in a good place right now. :)

The only other news to report is that Emma's room is pretty much done. We've got a bunch of Tinkerbell stickers on the wall and we got her new dresser finished. Now we're just waiting for the big day! We also went to Home Depot this weekend where we found a Charlie Brown Christmas tree! We got it for Caitlin and she seems to love it! She also got a Snoopy snow globe which she's also enjoying quite a bit. I'm hoping Emma leaves us enough time that we can take Caitlin to see Santa again this year to get some pics. :) This month should fly by! I'm on call this week and I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I've already gotten 3 calls today though so it's not looking good. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: