Well, this was another busy one for us! The week started pretty chaotic. Last Sunday night Caitlin was sick. She was throwing up quite a bit so I took Monday off and took her to the Doctor. Turns out she had a stomach virus. A lot of rest and Pedialyte and by Tuesday she was back to her old self. While I was at the Doctor with Caitlin, Toni had 2 appointments for Emma. Both went well but judging by the measurements on her stomach, both the diabetes specialist and her normal Doctor are now saying that they may induce labor early. All of Emma's vitals look good but they are concerned about her getting too big. Toni has a sonogram this week and they should have a little better idea about Emma's size then. Toni's belly has gotten pretty big now and she's definitely ready for Emma to be born. As for all of the women out there who say that being pregnant is a beautiful thing, Toni just ain't seeing it! It's getting pretty hard for her to do day to day things like getting up off the couch even and sleep is pretty hard to come by. Emma's very active and keeps her up most nights.
This week I was on call so I just stayed around the house most nights. I got called a few times, once at 1:30 in the morning but overall it wasn't as bad as the last time. We spent most of our time cleaning and getting Emma's stuff ready. All of her bibs, burp cloths and newborn clothes are ready to go. We've got her room pretty much "move in ready" and it's become Caitlin's new favorite place to play. She particularly enjoys hiding in Emma's closet and then throwing the doors open and running towards us making a roar sound trying to scare us. This week she also was clingier that normal with me and a lot fussier with Toni. We think she knows something is going on and isn't sure about it. I think she'll do fine once Emma is here though.
This weekend started on Friday night with Caitlin going to get her hair cut. She did great and sat perfectly still for the stylist to cut her hair. I can't get over how much and how fast she's growing. Today she told me "Shiloh wants to go outside" and has been making several word sentences quite a bit. When we ask her how she's doing, she'll say, "I be good". Saturday night we had Aunt Sarah, Uncle Dan, Cousin Maddie, Nana Bev and Grampa Bob come over for pizza and a movie. We had a lot of fun and watched Iron Man 2. Today I started taking some of our Christmas stuff out. I know, it's a little early but I figure if Emma comes early, we may not have a lot of time so I'd rather do it now. Caitlin had a lot of fun and was super excited when she saw the stuff coming out of the boxes. She kept saying "wow!". She even put all of the lights in the ceramic Christmas tree by herself! It was incredible to watch and she was was so proud of herself! For the rest of the night she kept pointing at the tree saying "I did it".
Hopefully this week will be uneventful and we'll get good news at the Doctor. I plan on signing up for FMLA this week and maybe doing a little more decorating with Caitlin. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment