This week the girls started school again. Instead of going back to in person school, we're having the girls go to Connections Academy. It's an online only school that's not Covid funded and has been around for around 11 years. I think overall it's a better choice for us and I think it will keep the girls safer. We're already seeing numbers coming in that are showing huge increases in cases among children and school staff. The governor is still fighting against any and all mask mandates which is just flat out stupid at this point. I would love to leave Texas but unfortunately, Florida's governor seems just as stupid as ours so I think for now we'll stay put. This school is definitely going to be more hands on for me and Toni which I think is a good thing. This first week was a little overwhelming but I think once we get into a pattern, it will be good. We're on track for Toni to quit her job on January 1st and I think that will make keeping up with the girl's school easier. Other than school, things were fairly quiet this week. We went for a walk this morning and Toni's been spending a lot of time at the hospital with her brother. He seems to be doing better and hopefully will be transferred back to Corpus this week. This coming week I'm on call which sucks but hopefully it'll be quiet.
Sunday, August 29, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment