Sunday, March 8, 2020
Surgery.. Almost...
So the week started out weird. On Monday I went to the Dermatologist to have the cyst removed. We get there and after 4 weeks of waiting to get an appointment again with this lady, she looks at the cyst and says that it's too big to remove and that she'll need to send me to another Doctor in her practice who has more experience dealing with larger cysts. It had gotten to nearly 2.5 inches across and looked like a golf ball was under the surface of my skin. That was going to take another 2 weeks to get in to see him. I was absolutely floored that a supposed "Specialist" could do absolutely nothing to help me. After leaving that office I got on Google and found another Dermatologist near us. I called and begged for an appointment. They were nice enough to see me immediately which was incredible. She looked at the cyst and decided that it needed to be drained immediately. She drained an insane amount out of it. I think they used all of the gauze they had in that room. They sent a sample of the drainage to the lab to figure out what kind of bacterial infection I have and they put me on antibiotics for now. The cyst felt so much better after she drained it. Over the entire week I had to deal with some crazy eruptions from it which was absolutely disgusting. Today the cyst is barely there though and I'm actually able to do things like sit in the truck or lay on my back to sleep without insane amounts of pain which is awesome. The swelling is down about 90% and the redness looks so much better. It no longer looks like it's infected. I haven't had any drainage since Friday which has been a welcome change. Tomorrow morning I have a follow up appointment at 9:00. I think there's a good chance that she'll be able to do the surgery to remove the actual cyst which will be nice. I'm looking forward to this thing being gone. Luckily my boss was extremely understanding and I was able to work from home all week last week. With how much it was draining, I didn't want to be at work and have it open up. Hopefully tomorrow goes smooth and if I do have surgery it's no big deal. I'll be off all week for Spring Break with the kids so at least I'll have time to recover.
This weekend Toni and Emma spent some time making their own brand of hand sanitizer and surgical masks. With the Coronavirus coming, better to be safe than sorry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment