So this week was supposed to be a nice vacation week for us. We had planned on going to a hotel called The Antlers Inn that had train cars converted to rooms. We were planning on going to a nearby vineyard and exploring some caves. Unfortunately that didn't happen. On Monday we started the day going to my followup with the Dermatologist. She drained the cyst again and said that the actual cyst itself looks like it broke down and surgery won't be necessary. I have to continue taking antibiotics for a couple more weeks and then go back on the 26th for another followup. It's been nice to be able to sit and lay down without pain. There is still a small lump but it seems to be clearing up and doesn't look as red as it had been. Surprisingly the culture that they ran on the drainage came back with no infection. The Doctor was kind of shocked by that. Hopefully the remaining swelling will continue to go away and it will be 100% healed soon. If she doesn't have to drain it again I'm going to have an age spot removed from my face during my next appointment. I had her look at it and she said it's nothing to worry about but I'd rather get it removed. It should be pretty quick and painless.
The rest of the week we really didn't do too much. On Wednesday Toni had a Doctor appointment so while she was doing that I took the girls to Best Buy where Caitlin got herself a clicky gaming keyboard that she had been wanting for a long time. She had been saving her money for a while and she's very happy with her new keyboard. On Thursday she went in to have 4 baby teeth pulled. She was initially very nervous but she was able to stay calm and did great. After it was over I told her how impressed I was with how well she did and she told me that the reason she did so well was because there were no needles involved. When I told her that the Dentist had given her 2 or 3 shots to numb her she said, "So that's what that pinch was!" Toni had called the dentist beforehand to explain Caitlin's fear of needles and they did a great job of not letting her see the needle. She said the laughing gas really didn't do anything for her after she realized that the gas wasn't what had numbed her mouth. After the appointment she was really hungry so we stopped for some ice cream. As a reward, I had promised her that if she did good I would get her a gaming mouse to go with her new keyboard. So the next day we went to another Best Buy and she got her new gaming mouse. I also got her some Robux (Money for use to buy things in the Roblox game she plays on her PC). I was so proud of how well she did!
On Friday we also found out that the kids have another week off for Spring Break because of the Coronavirus. Luckily my boss said I could work from home next week since I'd rather not leave them home alone. It's really crazy how much has shut down because of this. Yesterday I went to work for a few hours at the downtown campus to help out with a cooling issue that was happening in the datacenter down there. I hope everybody stays safe and this virus is contained quickly. Stay safe!

No comments:
Post a Comment