Monday, August 29, 2011

Priorities


Last week was another week filled with ups and downs. On Monday I stayed home and prep'd for my kidney scan. All of the details aside, the prep wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. And heck, if you're ever looking for a quick way to lose 7 pounds in 24 hours, it will get the job done! Tuesday I went in for my kidney scan which I was a little nervous about. Because of my anxiety and fear of needles, I got the Doctor to prescribe me a Zanax pill to calm my nerves. We arrived at the scan place at 10am only to be told that the machine was broken! They were able to get me in at another location and around noon I finally got the scan. The scan wasn't really that bad and besides the IV, wasn't too big of a deal. I got my results back and everything with my kidneys looks good. I also got my blood tests back and everything with my kidneys are functioning correctly as well. Overall, the news about my kidneys was really good and I don't have kidney stones. I have an appointment with a urologist on Wednesday and I'm going to see what he says. I've been doing a lot of reading about microscopic hematuria and it looks like a large portion of the time a cause is never found and it just clears up on its own. I've actually talked to 3 different people that this has happened to and the cause was never found. More than anything right now, I'm worried about how the Urologist is going to want to proceed. I'll cross that bridge Wednesday but let's just say that just the thought of having a cystoscopy has nearly sent me into an anxiety attack on more than one occasion....



Besides the kidney scan, this week was pretty busy. Caitlin and Emma went and got haircuts on Friday night and they both look very cute. I think Emma's kinda makes her look like a little boy but she looks very cute. She's also getting her first tooth! We can see one of her top teeth starting to break through and it looks like the one next to it is going to arrive shortly after!


This weekend was all about spending time together as a family. Friday night we went to dinner. Saturday we watched a couple of movies and Sunday I joined Toni and the girls at church. I'm not a religious person but I know Toni and the girls enjoy going so I enjoyed going with them. We also got to see Cousin Ryan and Cousin Maddie which was fun. Caitlin really enjoyed playing with Maddie. Ryan seems like he's already getting bigger! Tonight I took my girls out for pizza which was nice. Caitlin seemed to really enjoy her spaghetti and her slice of pizza and Emma was her usual happy self smiling and making noise. :)


Although thankfully nothing serious (hopefully it stays that way), this health issue has really made me look at my life from a different perspective and take inventory of what really matters to me. I can say that this week, I made sure to appreciate this little things - hanging out with Toni and the girls, watching Dino-squad and playing with Caitlin, getting down on the floor and playing with Emma, and letting Toni know how much I value her in my life. Life has a way of getting away from you sometimes and this has really helped get me back to where things should be. Hopefully this week I'll get good news at the Doctor. :)

No comments: