This week can best be described as a mixed bag... First, lets start with the good news. Emma is doing great with crawling and is able to move around pretty well now. She's got to be the happiest baby I've ever seen and her toothless smile always puts a smile on my face. She's going really well and has started getting into everything. She loves playing with Caitlin and has started to dislike her toys that keep her in one place like bouncy chairs. Caitlin is doing pretty good as well. This weekend she got a sore throat and sounded like she had a frog in her throat. She sounded like she should feel horrible but she kept telling us that she felt good and continued running around like her usual self. Since she never got a fever, we decided not to take her to the Doctor. Today she seems like she's pretty much back to normal.
This weekend we stopped by Nana's house to wish her a happy birthday. Caitlin was very proud of the cake topper she had picked out (it looked like a girl in a prom dress) and she had a great time visiting with Nana and Grampa. Emma tried a little dab of cake frosting but she didn't seem to like to too much. Maybe that's a good sign that we'll be able to keep her off of sugar! :) On Sunday while I was at work, Toni and Nana made pillows for Caitlin to keep at school. Caitlin likes hers so much that she won't leave it at school so Nana made her another one so she could have another to leave. :)
The last few days have been pretty stressful for me. Early last week I thought I had a bladder infection so I made an appointment with the Doctor for Thursday. Wednesday I was getting Caitlin out of the car and hurt my back. That night my back locked up in what I can only describe as the worst backache I've ever had. I ended up getting no sleep and went to the Doctor the next day. By the time I went to the Doctor on Thursday, both the bladder infection and backache were gone but I still mentioned them just to be safe. They ran some tests and found microscopic amounts of blood in my urine. Needless to say, it scared me to hear that. The Doctor saying that it could be caused by bladder cancer didn't make it any easier... Anyway, Thursday night my back pain returned and I got next to no sleep again so I missed another day of work on Friday. Friday night the bladder infection symptoms returned out of nowhere and after getting woken up for on-call at 2am, I think I may have passed a small kidney stone. Today I had a kidney scan and am waiting to hear back about the results which should happen sometime this week. The scan went alright and preliminary views by a doctor on staff look good. Today I also got my blood work results which revealed that my kidney function is good. I haven't had any more bladder infection symptoms and I have an appointment with a Urologist next Wednesday. I'm a little anxious about that but for now I'll wait for the results of the scan and take it from there..
So as you can tell, parts of this week were really good and others were downright not fun. I'm really hoping the rest of this week goes better!

No comments:
Post a Comment