
This week Caitlin hit another milestone in her growth. For the first time, she stood up on her own without holding on to either furniture or people! She was sitting on the floor and got into position like she was going to start crawling but instead of crawling, she stood herself up! Needless to say, she's keeping us very busy now! She's walking most of the time on her own now and often she will not take our hand if we try to help her walk and will even go as far as pushing our hand away sometimes. She's doing really great with walking and is incredible to watch. One night she was sitting on her blanket playing upstairs and suddenly got up and started doing laps around the room! She was smiling, laughing and clapping the whole time and must have made at least 8-10 laps around a 5 foot square blanket. She's also continued to try to communicate. She's pointing at things a lot and babbling. It's obvious she has something she wants to say but just hasn't figured out how yet. The other night she was sitting with Toni and playing with Shiloh and we both could swear that she said "doggie" twice within a couple of minutes of each other. We're not positive so we're not ready to say she's talking yet and she hasn't said it again but it caught both of us by surprise.
It seems incredible to say this but Caitlin is almost 1 year old! Next weekend we're having a small party here at the house for her. She'll actually turn 1 on Monday the 13th. It has been an incredible year! Next week I'll be sure to post some pics from the party!
This weekend we didn't do too much. We went again and looked at a car for me and Carmax offered me quite a bit more for my truck than I was expecting so it looks like I'll be deciding this week if I'm going to get a new car. Right now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We test drove another Chrysler 300c and I think that it would be a good family car for us. We'll see what happens....
In other news this week, we found out that Caitlin is going to have a cousin soon! My sister Sarah and her fiance Dan announced that they are currently 10 weeks along in their pregnancy! We're both very happy for them and wish them luck as they embark on their journey into parenthood!
This week should be interesting and I will post all of the details next week about Caitlin's birthday party and what we decide to do about a car. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:
Finally got caught up with your blog...Caitlin is GORGEOUS. She looks like Toni but has your eye color - great combination. :) So glad to see you guys are happy and healthy! Take care!
Post a Comment