
This week Caitlin started testing her boundaries and getting into stuff more than ever! In the first picture she has gotten into the DVD collection and seems to really enjoy pulling as many dvd's out as she can. In the second picture, she was being very sly.. She knew she wasn't supposed to go near the tv so when she got close, she turned around to see if we were watching her. When she saw that we were and we said, "no", she started smiling and backed up to the tv to not be quite so obvious! You can tell she has that mischievous look on her face. :-) I think the time is officially here now that she is getting into everything! :-) She likes to walk around the house and explore so now we're doing a lot of chasing around after her to make sure she doesn't get into anything that she's not supposed to. We went and got the matching gate for the bottom of the stairs and put it up so she doesn't get hurt on the stairs. We had only had a gate upstairs because we're rarely downstairs but lately she's started making a break for the stairs anytime we're downstairs!
The third picture was taken at Lowe's while we were picking up the baby gate. She was having quite a bit of fun riding around in the cart acting like she was driving. In the fourth picture, she was walking with us to get the mail. She's doing great with walking and has even tried running which didn't end well. She ended up falling face first on the ground. She ended up with a little scratch on her face and a scrape on her hand. :-( That doesn't seem to have slowed her down though, she still wants to walk by herself most of the time and still tries to make a mad dash across the room every now and then. :-)
The last picture is of something I actually got before Caitlin's birthday - my new car! I wanted to dedicate last week's post to Caitlin's birthday so I decided to wait to mention my car. After 17 years of driving trucks, I decided that it was time to move into a more family friendly vehicle. My new car is a Chrysler 300C. So far I like the car but I do miss my truck. Driving a car is a lot different from a truck so it's taking a little getting used to. I joke with people that this car is my family sedan with a mid-life crisis engine. :-) It's got a ton of power (340 horsepower) and pretty much every option available so I kinda feel like I got the family luxury car with a sports car engine. The things we do for our kids... ;-)
This week should be busy. Toni and Caitlin are flying to Brownsville on Wednesday for a quinceanera for our niece Lissette on Friday night. I may try to go down but still being in my probationary period at work, I'm not allowed to take any vacation time until the middle of September so we'll see what happens. Hope everyone has a great week!




No comments:
Post a Comment