Sunday, June 20, 2021

Happy Father's Day!












Happy Father's Day! Today we had a great day! We took Grampa Joe to breakfast and then went to Lowe's where we bought a new Ego lawnmower. It's an electric mower that uses battery power. It's really nice and we're both glad we got it. Our lawn guy recently increased his prices a lot so we decided to start doing it on our own. Hopefully this mower will work out well for us. This week was fun. We went running Mon/Wed/Fri mornings at the high school track early which was nice because it wasn't too hot. I'm almost done with week 3 of my Couch to 5k training app. It's not easy but it feels good to get out there and do something. We'll be going out again tomorrow which should be nice. On Tuesday I took my free day for the week and took the girls out to the mall. We had a lot of fun and Caitlin continued to build her collection of Umbrella Academy Funko Pop figures. I'm really enjoying having a day with them every week and am looking forward to this week. I'm not sure what we're going to do yet but whatever we do, we'll try to make it fun. :) This week there was also some excitement in the neighborhood. I got up and started my walk at 6:30AM on Thursday and noticed smoke in the sky. A house 2 streets over was on fire! Thankfully no one was seriously hurt but the house was badly damaged. Also this week, the girls went to a place called Splatter and did splatter painting. They had a lot of fun and hopefully we can go together as a family. Besides the lawnmower, the girls got me new lava lamps, a pair of shorts and an Amazon Alexa Show 8. I really enjoy lava lamps because they are relaxing to watch and I've been wanting an Alexa Show for a while to use as an alarm clock. Overall, this was a pretty good week and I hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

No comments: