Sunday, June 13, 2021

First Week of Summer







 This week was the first week of the girls being on summer vacation. My job started a perk for us over the summer where we can take 1 day off per week and not have to use any vacation time or comp time. I've elected to take Wednesdays off and this week I took the girls to the mall. We had a good time just walking around shopping. The girls got some anime stuff and we had lunch at the mall. After lunch, we took Toni some food at her job. Her employees were shocked by how tall Caitlin has gotten! After that, we went to Goodwill and to Barnes and Noble where the girls got some Anime books. We finished the day at the playground. Overall it was a nice day and I'm looking forward to building more memories with them. Also this week, we went to Top Golf for Toni's Remax job. We had a good time and it's definitely something I'd like to go back and do again. On Friday night, we went to meet Andy and his family for dinner. They were in San Antonio heading back to Brownsville. It was a quick visit but it was nice to see them. Last night the girls went to stay with Aunt Kerry and this morning we met them at the High School and did some walking/running around the track. I didn't do too much running since tomorrow is my scheduled day to run for my training app. Tomorrow marks the end of week #2. It's challenging but I'm hoping to keep going with it. This week is going to be really busy at work and I may change my day off to Tuesday rather than Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. 

No comments: