Sunday, December 27, 2020

Merry Christmas!






Merry Christmas everyone! This year was obviously different with the pandemic. We stayed home Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas Eve we dropped off gifts for family and then came home and watched my all time favorite movie - It's a Wonderful Life. We also opened presents which was fun. We got Emma an Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch and Caitlin a set of AirPods. They both seemed very happy with their gifts. 

This week was busy. I had to work most of it and we also had our dentist appointments. The appointments went well and everyone checked out fine. Emma also went in for a checkup with the Doctor and ended up needing bloodwork! Apparently checking 10 year olds cholesterol levels is now a thing.... Anyway, she did amazing!! She didn't get nervous and even watched them do it! She said there was some bleeding afterward and that she felt a little dizzy when she saw the blood but I'm so proud of her! I told her that I need her bravery!

In other news, I think Caitlin has passed Toni in height! It's close but I think she's taller that Toni now by a hair. I can't believe how much both kids have grown!

Christmas Day we started out at 5:00AM.. Caitlin got up early to check to see what Santa had brought and then decided to let the dogs out. Unfortunately the alarm was on so we were all woken up extremely early. We had a good time opening presents and then me and Toni took a nap for a couple hours before starting the Christmas lunch. Grampa Joe stopped by and then I dropped off some Christmas dinner at Nana's house. Overall, it was a nice holiday. The only downside is that due to stuff at work, I'm not really going to get much of a break. I've already put in over 20 hours this week and next week I'll be on call and working to deal with the issues we're having now. So basically my Christmas vacation will equate to about 3 days off.. I'm really getting tired and need a break from work. A day here and a day there just aren't cutting it. We've been going full speed since March and I'm starting to burn out. I hope to be able to take a few weeks off next year. 

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments: