Sunday, November 8, 2020

20 Years!!




Tuesday night marked a special day for me and Toni. It marked 20 years since we met! Looking back, it's crazy to think how much time has gone by! I'm so glad that things happened how they did 20 years ago and am so happy with the life we've built. I wouldn't change anything about the last 20 years and I hope the next 20 and beyond are just as good. 

This week was insanely busy. Toni had quite a few problems at work and ended up working late several nights. Toni and the girls are going to be going to Midland this week while I stay home and am on call for work. They're going to be staying in one of the townhomes at the apartment complex and the girls will be doing their school in the business office where Toni will be working. They won't really be around anyone so they'll be safe from covid. I think it'll be a nice getaway for them. As for covid, the country has now passed 100,000 cases for 4 days this week. Needless to say, it's pretty much out of control and even the scientists are saying that we could see 250k cases a day over the winter. Hopefully now that the election is over, the country will actually come up with a plan to deal with this. Biden has already started putting together a task force which should be good. Hopefully after he takes over in January the country will actually have a plan moving forward rather than denying both the situation and the science. The election took a few days to complete and I'm glad it's finally over. 

Yesterday Toni also dropped Max off with one of co-workers and if things work out, we'll probably let her keep him. It's been years of trying to work with him but he's still peeing in the house nearly every time we let him roam around in the kitchen which meant that we had to keep in in a kennel. Every time we would put him back in his kennel, he'd growl and snarl at us which was getting old. He also barked and whined all of the time which was getting really old with us being home all the time. The girls will still see him from time to time but for now, he's going to stay with Toni's co-worker. Elsa seems a little confused about why she doesn't have to stay in the kitchen anymore and seems to enjoy walking around the house. Last night she even slept in Caitlin's room. It was nice not to be woken up at 6:00 to a barking dog this morning.

This week should be busy. I'll be on call and Toni and the girls will be in Midland for 3 days. Toni has also scheduled her real estate test for 11/28 which is exciting. Next Sunday Toni and I are going to the shooting range to take the shooting portion of our concealed carry handgun licenses. We've done everything else for the license so once we finish this, we just need to submit the documents to the state and wait to get our licenses. This is something we've been talking about doing for at least 3 years and I'm glad we're finally going to be done. I hope everyone has a great week and stays safe. 

No comments: