Sunday, August 9, 2020

Lazy Days of Summer






This week was another busy week for me. Work is just not letting up. This week will be another busy week for me. We'll be doing interviews to fill the empty position we have so hopefully things will get a little easier soon. Toni had a day off during the week because she had to work last weekend and she took the girls to one of apartments her company owns and they spent several hours at the pool which they enjoyed. I'm glad they were able to get away and I wish I had been able to join them. Other than that, the girls have been enjoying playing Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch. 

Other than that, the only other thing we did this week was to sign up the girls for online school for the year. I'm really hoping my job doesn't find someplace for my department to physically go back to but at this point it doesn't look like I'll be going back for a while. We're still working hard to get the house paid off quickly and as of now, we're on track to be done by this time in 2022. I think having the house paid off will open up a ton of possibilities for us financially and give us a level of freedom that will be incredible. We're also thinking about taking the carpet out of the downstairs and putting in laminate floors soon. With the carpet being original to the house from 2006, it's starting to get a little worn and could use replacing. I'm not particularly excited about doing it because it's back breaking work but we'll see. It might be a fun project to have the girls help with. 

No comments: