Monday, February 7, 2011

Snow!





What a week! This week (on Friday) I saw snow for the first time in 25 years! It was so cool to look outside and see everything dusted with snow. Being in south Texas we obviously didn't get a lot of snow but it was nice that we got some. Caitlin had a blast playing in the snow! At first she wasn't very interested in going outside until I told her that snow is what Frosty the Snowman is made out of. Once she heard that, she wanted to outside immediately! She kept saying how pretty the snow was and wanted to see what it felt like. Then her favorite thing to do was to walk around and look back at her footprints! She had a lot of fun and it was so cool to see the amazement in her eyes! This being Texas, the city was promptly shut down and work was cancelled.

I was already planning on taking the day off to take care of Emma so it worked out nicely. On Wednesday night Emma started getting a bad cough and started coughing so much that she started spitting up. She had a lot of congestion and seemed to be getting a cold. She didn't have a fever but during the night she started seeming worse and seemed to be having a hard time breathing with her sinuses clogged. On Thursday I took her to the Doctor and it was found that she had a lot of congestion in both her nose and chest. On top of that, she also had an ear infection in her right ear. The Doctor was pretty concerned and told us to keep an eye on her and monitor her temperature. Emma never got a fever but still has a cough and has spit up a little here and there but is definitely improving.

Sunday was kind of a bummer for me. The Steelers lost the Super Bowl. Not the outcome I would have liked but you can't win them all.. Tomorrow I'm taking the day off for my birthday. I'm turning 39 tomorrow which doesn't seem possible but it doesn't really bother me. I've got a great life right now and wouldn't trade it for anything. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: