This was another busy week for us. Caitlin continues to talk more and more every day and today she helped Toni make cupcakes! She even put the frosting and sprinkles on some of them. The ones she did were light on frosting and heavy on sprinkles! :) Emma is doing good and her first week of school was pretty uneventful. Toni had a hard time emotionally the first 2 days dropping her off at school but I think she's having an easier time now. Caitlin had a couple of exciting days at school with potty training. Some days it seems like she's really getting it and then others not so much... One example would be one night during the week when we were trying to get her to go to the potty and we kept telling her not to potty in her pants and that if she needed to go, she needed to go to the toilet. We took her several times but she wouldn't go on the potty. Somehow she got the idea that pulling her pants down and squatting behind the chair and pooping on the floor was a good idea though.. She was very proud of herself and kept pointing at the pile of poop saying, "I did it daddy!". Then we she figured out that pooping on the floor was not good, she decided to run away from it which would have been fine if she hadn't stepped in it.... Yes, that was an exciting night......
Sleep is still a rare commodity for us. Emma seems to wake up anywhere from every 2 hours on a bad night to every 4 on a good one.. I took Thursday off work to just stay home and try to get some rest but sleeping during the day is hard for me so I didn't get any sleep but I did get to just chill. This weekend we went to our friends Jeremy and Lyndsey's daughter Kayla's first birthday party. It was good to see them and I can't believe a year has already gone by! Time flies! Caitlin stayed to herself and didn't want to play with the kids and Emma slept the whole time but we had fun.
This week should be another busy one. Caitlin has a field trip down to the Children's Museum on Wednesday which should be fun. Toni is going to take the day off to go with her and I may go if it works with my schedule. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment