Sunday, January 9, 2011

Back to work....






This was a pretty busy week. I went back to work this week was made more difficult functioning on very little sleep! Toni got up with Emma most nights so I could try to sleep but Emma still has her days and nights confused and if anything, I think she's waking up more during the night than she was before! Monday was especially hard at work but I was able to get through. Toni will be home for a couple more weeks with Emma before she starts daycare but she'll be working from home for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully Emma will start sleeping longer during the night. Right now at night, we usually have a feedings around 11PM, 2:30-3:00AM, 4:30-5:00AM and then again around 7:30AM. I had a couple days last week that my day started at 4:30AM. Energy drinks are my friend right now.. :)

Emma's doing pretty good. She seems like she might have grown a little bit to us but it's hard to tell. She looks around a lot and lifts her head when she's on her stomach. Caitlin has been very helpful with her. This morning Emma was crying and we heard Caitlin run into her room and check on her. Then she ran to our room and said, "Emma's crying in her room. Come on guys!" and started pulling us to Emma's room! It was so sweet to see her concern for her sister. She'll also come tell us that Emma needs milk and will bring Emma the bottle when it's time for Emma to eat. When Emma cries, Caitlin will also pat her on the head and say, "It's OK baby."

Yesterday we all went to Cousin Maddie's 1st birthday party. We had a lot of fun and Caitlin was extremely shy around all of the people. She eventually opened up a bit and seemed to have fun playing with Maddie. I can't believe Maddie is already 1! I can't remember her being as small as Emma! It seems like Maddie was born just a couple of months ago, not a year ago! The funniest part of the party was watching Maddie with her cake. She put her hand in the frosting and immediately started crying. She didn't want anything to do with the cake and continued crying until her mom cleaned her hand off. It was cute to watch. :)

Hopefully Emma will start sleeping a little longer this week but we'll see what happens. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: