After spending the week in Baltimore last week, it's nice to be home and getting back in the swing of things. I enjoyed my trip and the training was very informative. If anything, it was too much information! :) I had fun eating at my favorite childhood restaraunt a few of the days I was there. It's a place called Friendly's and they're known for their ice cream. The second night I was there, I had their big ice cream called, "The Jim Dandy". It was SO good but finding out later at the hotel that the ice cream alone clocked in at 1080 calories was disheartening! Added on with my burger, my dinner was around 2400 calories! The next 2 nights I wised up and skipped dinner and went straight for the ice cream! :) All told, I had gained 4 pounds when I stepped on the scale Saturday morning after getting home! Luckily I've already gotten almost 3 of those pounds off! I guess it's a good thing that we don't have a Friendly's here!
It was great to get home and see Toni and Caitlin. Caitlin was excited to see me and on Saturday we put her new toddler/infant swing up on the swing set. She seems to enjoy it a lot and it's a lot safer for her until she gets older. We ordered another one so that Emma or Maddie can use it as well. Caitlin seems to enjoy climbing around in her playset and loves the swing but doesn't seem to like the slide very much. She tends to avoid it which is surprising considering that the first night it was up we couldn't get her off of it!
Sunday we had some of Toni's family come out. We had a nice visit and after lunch we all went to the pool we went to back on the 4th of July for some swimming. Caitlin had a great time and enjoyed trying to swim using floaties on her arms. :) We'll have to continue taking her to the pool as long as we have access to it. This should be another busy week. Toni will be going to Laredo for work for a couple of days so it'll be me and Caitlin for a couple days. :) Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment