
This week was another busy one. Most of the nights were spent working on the last of the windows in the house that needed trim. In the last picture you can see the before and after. In the before I had already removed the window sill but you can get a pretty good idea of the difference. The window was a nightmare to do. For something I do for relaxation and enjoyment, this window really pushed the limits! Nothing was square, nothing worked out how it should have and if there was a problem to be had, I had it. My friend Eric came over on 2 different nights to help and now that it's all done, I'm happy with the results. :) Next project - installing extra shelves in the pantry!
Although most of our nights were spent working on the window, we did get to spend quality time with Caitlin. She's talking a lot and added a few more words to her vocabulary including "Key" which is how she's saying her name right now! :) The other big news this weekend was that we changed Caitlin's crib from a crib to a toddler bed. She seemed to like it but already after only 1 day of trying to sleep in it, I'm not sure if it's going to work yet. She had a hard time falling asleep during her nap this afternoon and tonight completely rolled out of the bed! We've strategically placed some stuffed animals in the way so we'll see how it goes.
This weekend we also took Caitlin to a birthday party for her friend A.J. It was insanely cold out but Caitlin seemed to enjoy playing with the kids inside. At one point the wind had stopped so all of the kids went outside to play on the swing set. Caitlin had a lot of fun climbing up the ladder (with Toni's help) and then coming to me to slide down the slide. :) Very soon we're going to start looking for a nice swing set/playground to put in the yard for her. I think she'll really enjoy it. She loves playing in the yard with Shiloh and being outside so hopefully we can get one soon and the weather will start being nicer.

No comments:
Post a Comment