
This week was a strange one... Every day of the week seemed like it should have been a couple of days later in the week and even though I was home sick on Friday, the 4 days I did work seemed to last forever! I started feeling sick on Tuesday and by Thursday I was losing the battle. I came home Thursday and literally fell asleep by 6pm! I didn't really start feeling good until Sunday but thankfully I'm feeling better now. :) Caitlin was sick on Monday which turned out to be a bad ear infection but the antibiotics seem to have cleared everything up and she was back to her old self fairly quickly. :)
Caitlin continued adding words to her vocabulary but the most common one she's using is "please". Actually, she says "peas" but she knows what she's saying. I know longtime readers of this blog are probably tired of hearing this but watching Caitlin grow is the most incredible experience I've ever had! In addition to talking, she also has started developing her taste in TV and movies. If she wants to watch Fraggle Rock (which is most of the time) she'll either bring us the DVD or take us by the hand and walk us to the last TV she was watching it on and sit down on the couch and point at the TV. If we ask her if she wants to watch Fraggle Rock, she'll say, "Yeah". Tonight she was sitting on the chair watching Fraggle Rock and when Toni got up, I went over and asked Caitlin how she was doing. It was so cute, she started patting the chair with her hand so I asked if she wanted me to sit down with her she said yes! She also enjoys Mickey's Clubhouse, Phineas and Ferb, and The Wizards of Waverly Place on the Disney Channel. Although the only show that holds her attention with any regularity is Fraggle Rock. :) Every time she hears the theme music she starts dancing. :) As for movies, we finally got a short video of her reaction to her favorite scene in Transformers 2 which was great. She started screaming in delight! Her new favorite movies seem to be anything with Shrek in them. She'll actually sit through the entire movie! We've been trying to limit her TV time and get her to play with toys and books. She seems to enjoy any books that have Elmo in them. :)
She also loves climbing furniture now! She's started bringing her little chair and placing it in front of what she wants to climb and climbing up. We're having to keep a watchful eye on her these days! Tonight she was able to climb up onto the couch all by herself for the first time which was cool.
Hopefully this week will go good. Toni got her car back on Friday and it looks great! We have an appointment on Tuesday morning which is just the annual follow up for Caitlin's eye problem. As she's getting older it seems to be becoming less of an issue but we'll take her in for her annual follow up just to be safe.
In closing tonight, we'd also like to welcome our friends Jeremy and Lyndsey into parenthood! Jeremy and Lyndsey welcomed their daughter Kayla Reese Stevens into the world on January 29th. Congratulations to you both!

No comments:
Post a Comment