
First things first - The picture of Toni's car is from her car accident that she had on Tuesday but she is alright. No one was hurt and Caitlin was already at school and wasn't in the car. Toni was on her way to work and the person in front of her had slammed on her brakes because someone pulled out in front of her and Toni ended up skidding on the slick roads and became the middle car in a 3 car accident. :( The majority of the damage was to the front of her car but the back also suffered some damage. She'll be in a rental car for the next week or so but the important thing is that no one was hurt. Toni found an ipod with over 15,000 songs on it in her rental car but we decided to do the honest thing - I hooked it up to my pc and was able to find out who owned it and contact him. I met him the next day and gave it back to him. It felt good to do something nice for someone. :)
The week started out really good actually. I was off for MLK day so I spent the day with Caitlin. We went out to see Toni for lunch and had a nice day hanging out together. He vocabulary is increasing every day. She's now using words like "mine", "More", "car", and "go". The other morning Toni had gone into the garage with Caitlin and Shiloh ran into the garage with them. Toni told Shiloh to go inside and Caitlin walked over near the door, pointed in the house and looked at Shiloh and said "go"! It seems like her vocabulary is increasing more and more every day and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before she starts saying fragmented sentences. :) Today she also did something new. She has a puzzle with 5 different pieces that fit into spaces on the puzzle board (triangle, circle, square, rectangle and oval). She actually put all the pieces into the right spots several times! We were also lucky enough to get her on video once!
This weekend I was on call so we just stayed home. We let Caitlin watch Shrek which she seemed to enjoy a lot. Except for a scary part with a dragon, she really seemed like she liked it. Another favorite now seems to be Elmo. She gets excited everytime she sees him on tv or even in a book. :) Hopefully this week will be a little less eventful for us. I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment