




Well, as you can see from the pictures, there were no signs of the hives that Caitlin battled with last week! :-) This week was much more quiet for us. Caitlin continued getting more mobile and is now pretty much standing herself up and crawling to wherever she wants to go. She has started getting into everything. From papers and books to electronics and our computers, she's definitely interested in playing with everything. In the bottom 2 pictures this week, she was exploring our kitchen and dining room. In the picture that she's standing up, she stood herself up so that she could reach what was in a basket and in the last picture, she actually pulled what she's holding out of the bag the she's sitting on. I seriously think it's only a matter of days now before she starts trying to walk.She also has 3 teeth that have partially come out and there are 2 more that we can see starting to reach the surface. We've started trying to give her small amounts of table food and this weekend she actually ate her first meal with us. Toni made a vermicelli soup with vegetables and mashed it up pretty small so Caitlin could have some. She seemed to enjoy it. I also gave her some of my dessert this weekend - sugar free strawberry Jello and sugar free vanilla pudding. She seemed to enjoy the vermicelli soup and of the 2 desserts, liked the vanilla pudding more than the Jello.
Friday night we also got to see some friends from Wachovia. We went to Taco Cabana and had dinner with Aly, Roy and his family. It was nice to see them again and in the case of Roy's family, nice to finally meet them.
Today we took Caitlin to the park for an early Easter celebration. We had a nice picnic lunch with Sarah and Dan and had a lot of fun getting out of the house. Toni will be flying to Brownsville with Caitlin this coming Thursday and will return home the following Monday. I think it'll be a nice trip for them both but wish I could go with them also. Unfortunately, I can't take any days off until September so I have to stay here. I'll probably do some painting and stuff like that while they are gone so the paint smell doesn't bother Caitlin. I'll post again next Sunday with some pictures from Toni. I hope everyone has a great week!
And to my friend Mike Overland - I don't have your new cell phone number, give me a call sometime. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment