Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm going back to college!


This week brought a major change to the Vargas household. For the first time in a while, I am no longer going to have the worry of being laid off hovering over me! On Thursday I was offered and accepted a new job at UTSA! Needless to say, a big weight has been lifted and Toni and I are both very excited. I will be doing computer support and actually doing a lot more hands on type work which I’ve always enjoyed so it’s definitely a good thing. Really there aren’t many negatives with the new job, I’ll be 8 miles from home and the environment is very secure. They haven’t had layoffs in IT and if anything, they are growing. I think it should be a good fit and look forward to getting started. I gave my 2 weeks notice at Wachovia and will start on Monday March 9th. I will say that I am a little sad to be moving on. I made some really good friends and worked with and for some pretty classy people. Wachovia has far exceeded everything I ever expected from a large company. I can honestly say that I never expected the incredible amount of respect and class that Wachovia has shown me. At every level, they are a class act that embodies integrity and I only wish that the economy had been different and I could have continued with them. Just as I still miss my coworkers from before Wachovia and think about them often, I’m leaving good friends behind again who I hope to keep in touch with.

Caitlin isn’t crawling yet but she’s started to get a little more mobile. She is crawling backwards and rolls around quite a bit. If there’s a toy she wants to get to she can usually manage to find a way to get to it. I don’t think it’ll be much longer before she’s crawling or walking. This week she also got very vocal for the first time. She’s actually saying the word “dada” but it’s obvious that she doesn’t know what it means yet. It’s funny to watch her playing with a toy and talking at the same time. From everything I’ve read, she should start knowing the meaning of mama and dada in the next couple of months.

Other than that, things have been pretty quiet for us. I think I’m finally getting over the sinus infection that I’ve been fighting now for 3 weeks . Tomorrow Toni and I have our dentist appointments in the afternoon and then after that I’ll be taking Caitlin to the Doctor. She’s had a cough that we want to get looked at since I started with a cough. Hopefully Caitlin won’t get the same thing I got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go dude!