

What a week!!! This week’s post is a little late due to the excitement in the Vargas household last night of watching the Steelers win Super Bowl 43 by defeating the Arizona Cardinals 27-23!! It was definitely an exciting game and probably one of the best Super Bowls I’ve ever seen. Being a lifelong Steelers fan though, it was rough watching them have to come back to take the lead at the end. I would have preferred a Steelers blowout but overall, I’m happy with the results. Caitlin didn’t watch too much of it with me but she was showing her support with her Steelers bottle (thank you very much Laura!) and her Terrible Towel.
This week was long! We started the week exhausted. Caitlin has started teething and we can even see one of her front teeth starting to show under the gum! Because of the pain, Caitlin didn’t sleep well all week. It seemed like we were up most nights during the early morning hours trying to comfort her. We’ve tried teething rings that you put in the fridge and Baby Orajel but they seem to only offer temporary relief for her. Most nights it seemed like we were going to bed before 9 just trying to get caught up on sleep!
The week started with closing on the house. We’re now officially refinanced at a lower rate which is obviously a good thing. For the life of me, I can’t understand why closing on a house has to be so difficult though. We spent quite a while signing countless forms to make it all official. Toni has also been putting in a lot of hours at work but this week it should slow down for her so that will be nice.
On Saturday we had to take my truck to the dealer to get some work done. The check engine light came on and with only 3 weeks left on the extended warranty, I figured I’d better get it in and get it fixed. Luckily I had the warranty because the problem was with the Air Conditioning and would have cost quite a bit to fix. I still had to spend more money than I wanted on brakes, tune up, oil change, etc.. While we were waiting for my truck to be finished, we walked around the lot and looked at cars. Actually, we looked at the last vehicle I ever thought I’d be looking at – a mini-van! Toni took one for a test drive and after seeing all of the features and driving it, she’s now hooked! She really likes the Dodge Grand Caravan. I have to agree that for trips and day to day use with Caitlin that it would definitely be nice. Maybe once I land a stable job, we’ll get Toni one. We’ll see….
Hopefully this week will be smooth. I’m fighting a cold so hopefully that will clear up soon. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:
She is precious!!! Are those baby-blues?
Post a Comment