
Week 6 saw a major milestone reached - Caitlin's grandmother turned 60 on Wednesday. To celebrate, we all took her to dinner. We got her a digital picture frame loaded with about 200 pictures of Caitlin over the last several weeks. It couldn't top the gift she'd been wanting for over 30 years and recently received though, a Grandchild. :)
Caitlin did pretty well this week. She's still spitting up from time to time but it's better than it was. We've also started a nightly ritual that has its good and bad side. Every night from about about 6:00-9:00 Caitlin keeps us entertained with what seems like endless screaming. Nothing seems to slow it for more than 5 or 10 minutes at a time. No matter what we do, it just continues. We can feed her, walk around with her, put her in her bed, her bouncer or her swing and still the screaming continues. That's obviously the bad part. The good part of all this? On these nights, she's also sleeping as long as 5-6 hours straight! This week there were no exploding diapers to report. At least nothing out of the ordinary. :) Caitlin seems to be more and more aware of her surroundings with each passing week and maintains eye contact for longer periods of time. She also continues to get stronger and is holding her head up and looking around on her own for several minutes at a time. I think her eyes are getting bigger by the day and right now they look either blue or green depending on the light.
I used to think that new parents must be crazy. All too often I've heard new parents go on and on about how their baby is the most beautiful baby in the world and I've always just rolled my eyes, chalked it up to parental blindness and gone about my business. I always swore that I would never be one of "those" parents who brag about how beautiful their baby is while the rest of us wonder if they are in need of an eye exam. Luckily in our case, Caitlin actually is the most beautiful baby in the world so it makes it okay for us to talk about it. :)
This week we will finally start settling into a routine in the Vargas house. I'll be starting my normal schedule (10-7) and Toni will be returning to work full time. Caitlin will be spending her days at her Nana Bev and Grampa Bob's house. It should work out nice. My mom only lives 1 mile from our house so it won't be a problem dropping Caitlin off in the mornings or for Toni to pick her up after work in the evenings.
I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:
I see what you see. She's just beautiful! Toni looks great too. Mommyhood is a great color on her. Tell her we said hello.
Yeay! Finally a picture with Toni! (and not just of Toni's arm!) :-) Of course she is the most beautiful baby in the world! Give my little niece a kiss for me!
Post a Comment