This week on Wednesday the 13th, Caitlin celebrated her 1 month birthday. To mark the occasion, Toni took her to get pictures taken. We won't get them until sometime after next week but when we do, I'll be sure to post them. Caitlin is definitely getting bigger and maturing. She now focuses more on people rather than staring off into space and has even smiled a few times. Physically, she's had a few changes as well. Her eyebrows have grown in and today we tried weighing her and figured out that she's tipping the scales at around 10.2 pounds. The gain in weight is starting to become more evident every time we have to lift her! :)
As far as spitting up goes, Caitlin has her good days and bad days. We talked to the Pediatrician and she gave Caitlin a prescription for what is essentially infant level Zantac. I don't really think it's helping but we'll keep trying it for a little while and see how it goes. We've tried changing her formula to a different brand that the Pediatrician recommended and that seems to help a little. Of course, either formula the Pediatrician wants her on costs twice as much as the regular stuff!
Caitlin has also been continuing to keep us on our toes with her exploding diapers. This week, much to Toni's delight, I was on the receiving end of one of Mount St.Caitlin's eruptions. While changing her diaper, Caitlin decided she wasn't quite done yet and proceeded to resume what she had been doing. All I can say is that if "distance pooping" were an Olympic sport, Caitlin would be the Michael Phelps of it... Yes, like a squeeze bottle of mustard Caitlin erupted right at me. My arm, shorts, leg and even the carpet fell victim. It was so bad that I had to turn the diaper changing duties over to Toni and go take a shower. Toni has been enjoying telling everyone about my experience so I figured I'd post it here for everyone to enjoy. I think I'm going to look into getting a rain poncho or something for future changings. Note to self - always keep your mouth closed when changing Caitlin. :)
Friday Toni and I had our dentist appointments. Everything went well there and the Dentist told us that if Caitlin gets our teeth, she'll be in good shape. :) Toni also had a Doctor appointment and everything went well there.

This weekend we also had some visitors. Grampa Andres, Toni's sister and her family came out to see Caitlin. Everyone enjoyed spending time with Caitlin and I think she enjoyed seeing all of the new faces. :)
This coming week, I will be working 7:30-4:30. We're going to be down 2 people (half our team) and we need someone covering the open and closing hours so I'll be doing the opening shift for just next week. Toni will be working from home next week and then will return to work the following week. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:
I logged in today to see an updated picture of Caitlin and hoping to see one of Dad too and as always you did not disappoint. Thanks! Baby & Grandpa look great. And, is it my imagination or is she beginning to favor her Aunt a bit? BTW the rain poncho & maybe even gloves & goggles sound like a great idea for you. Will await the photo LOL :), lots of love.
Post a Comment