
Today marks 4 weeks since Caitlin joined our family and I still honestly feel like it's been a lot longer. Caitlin is still keeping us on our toes everyday. She had an appointment with the Pediatrician early in the week and everything went well. Caitlin is still eating a lot but she's also spitting a lot up as well. The hypo-allergenic Similac doesn't seem to be helping with the spitting up problems. If it continues this way, we'll probably switch back to the normal stuff and see how she does with that. In a good deal of our pics with Caitlin we have spit up stains on our shirts! Friday night I was actually on my 3rd shirt within an hour of getting home! Caitlin spit up on the first one and then while I was feeding her later my stomach started burning badly. When I looked down at Caitlin, she was happily peeing with no concern for the fact that her diaper was full and it was running onto my stomach! What a way to welcome Daddy home from work! :) This week also had a couple more exploding diapers and Toni was the victim of both of them. Holding Caitlin on your chest when the diaper explodes isn't a good place to be..
Toni also had an appointment with her diabetes doctor this week and everything went great! She's still considered pre-diabetic but doesn't need insulin or even to check her blood sugars anymore!! Everything from here on out can be controlled with only diet and exercise. She's already lost a staggering 33 pounds since Caitlin was born and the Doctor would like her to lose another 15. Overall, the news was great for her!
Other than that, this week was fairly quiet. Toni is going to start working from home tomorrow and she'll do that for 2 weeks before physically going back to work. My job is going alright but I really keep hoping the lottery will come through for me soon. :) I've added a short video of Caitlin sneezing. If you have speakers I encourage you to listen to it. Her sneezes are hilarious. She more sounds like she's growling, especially the 2nd sneeze. :) This coming week should go pretty fast. Friday we have our dentist appointments and then Toni has another appointment with her Doctor immediately after that to see how she's doing. I hope everyone has a great week! Go check out Caitlin's picture section at the upper left of this page. I've uploaded several more pics!

1 comment:
Dave and Toni, my mother had the same problem with Michael spitting up Similac. My Aunt Dorothy was a midwife, and she told mom the following to solve the problem. If you cut the similac 50/50 with water, then cut the formula and substitute the missing formula with more water. (if you use 1 cup formula and 1 cut water, then start with 1/2 cup formula & 1-1/2 cups water) Caitlin will need to be fed more often and will urinate more, but it will help keep the formula down. Every two weeks, slowly increase the amount of formula and decrease the amount of water until you get back to the original dilution. Mom said to sterilize the bottles 5 mins more than recommended and that will help to. If you have any questions, feel free to call her -- six eight four, zero four four two. Hope this helps.
Post a Comment