Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Baby Shower

First, I'd like the thank Karen Laubert for putting together an incredible baby shower. Toni and I are extremely grateful to everyone who came and to everyone who was unable to but still took the time to send gifts, money and their congratulations with Karen. We were very touched by how many of you contributed to Caitlin's gift fund. The money will go to good use on getting everything we will need as we start into parenthood.

I'd like to take a moment to talk directly to my old co-workers. I can definitely say that I have worked with some of the nicest people I will probably ever meet. I will miss working along side you. I have received many phone calls to see how I'm doing and I appreciate the concern. While I was not expecting to be unemployed right now, life goes on. I've watched this same thing happen to many good friends before and luckily was prepared for it should it ever happen to me. If there's one thing I've learned from them, it's that there's definitely something else better out there for me. As anyone who knows me well will tell you, I have never and will never be defined by my job. My family is the most important part of my life and I have a feeling that 20 years from now when Caitlin is grown and we're looking back at this blog, losing my job will be little more than a footnote to 2008. There are far greater things that will happen to me this year and while losing my job isn't a good thing, it's definitely not the most important thing. I have my health, a beautiful wife, a happy marriage and baby girl on the way. My life is truly blessed. I was looking for a job when I found that one, and I'll find something again. I hope to keep in touch with all of you and I hope you will continue to follow the rest of the pregnancy and our lives after Caitlin arrives through this website. I try to keep it updated at least a couple times a month so that friends and family both near and far can keep track of what's going on.

This Thursday, Toni has another sonogram which we're both anxious about. At this sonogram we'll find out if Toni is cleared to travel the following week and probably get a better idea about whether or not a C-section will be required to deliver Caitlin. As for the travel, Toni is going to a conference in Washington DC so with my newfound freedom, I'm going to use some of her frequent flier miles to tag along. We'll be up there for almost a week so we might try to see some of the sites. We were last up there 6 years ago and saw everything but the Jefferson Memorial so maybe this time we can check that out. While she's at the conference, I'll probably do a little exploring, work out, and surf the web to see what kind of jobs I can find back in San Antonio. If any of you hear of any jobs you think I might be qualified for, let me know. :)

Again, thank you to everyone. I hope to talk to you all very soon. You can contact me through either email or phone:

davidvargas1@yahoo.com
363-6442

No comments: