This weekend Toni and I made a trip to Brownsville for a baby shower that was thrown by her family. I'd like to thank Nena for doing such a good job setting it up and to everyone else who helped with setup and making it an enjoyable experience for everyone. We are extremely grateful to everyone who came and helped welcome Caitlin into the family a couple months early. :) Today marks 60 days until the due date and it's definitely starting to feel real now. I think seeing last weeks pictures and now starting to setup baby furniture and strollers is starting to make it seem real. We're both extremely excited. I seriously can't see how Toni can hold Caitlin for another 60 days though! My guess is that Caitlin will arrive around 7/10 and not the 7/26 due date. If anyone would like to throw their guess out there, feel free to add your guess in the comments section at the bottom of this post. :)
We came back from Brownsville on Sunday and spent Monday celebrating my sister Sarah's birthday - the big 33! Toni is now in Washington DC for work and won't be returning until Saturday. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go with her. The flights were booked solid. I'll probably spend this time doing what I've been doing since being laid off - looking for a job, exercising and doing stuff around the house. Today I went to the bookstore and bought a book to start studying for the Post Office exam. I'm really not sure if I want to stay in the IT field or not and would like to at least look into something new. I'm still spending time sharpening my IT skills as well though, I'm almost done reading the first of 2 books that I have for the Security+ certification and today I stopped by Half Price Books and got a couple of books on Linux and Active Directory for dirt cheap that I'll start reading soon as well.
Next week Toni has another appointment with her normal doctor where we'll talk about the insulin and her sugar levels. Then the following weekend (6/7) we have our mandatory 9 hour hospital tour/birthing class at the hospital.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I think she will be born on 07/04/08!
I think she will be born on 07/04/08!
I think she will be a 4th of July Baby too!!
Post a Comment