Sunday, February 21, 2021

SNOW IN SAN ANTONIO!!













Just when I think things might get back to normal, the weirdness that has been the last year just continues..  This week it actually snowed in San Antonio. Not once, but twice! While it was fun initially seeing snow, the newness wore off quick. The power grid couldn't handle the demand and the power went out. We were lucky that it was only out for 2 days for us but for a lot of people, it was a weeklong ordeal with no power or water. We spent one day in the house with no power and it got COLD. We ended up going to Toni's job and stayed in one of the vacant apartments because they still had heat and water there. It was nice to have running water and heat. Driving in the snow wasn't much fun. I got home from the apartments and after parking my truck, it proceeded to slide down my driveway! Luckily no one was in the street! Thankfully we have power again and the weather has warmed back up. The city was pretty much shut down all week. The girls didn't have school and my job was even closed. I was still on call and had to work some when I could but in addition to the water and power issues, we had long stretches without cell signal or internet. It was an experience to say the least and I'm glad it's over. I don't want to see snow again anytime soon!

Today we decided that we're going to spend Spring Break in Florida. We still have our credit with Southwest so we're going to use that and go visit Universal Studios. I'd love to also go to Disneyworld but the cost is just too high to do both. The trip to Universal Studios is going to be pretty cheap with all of the discounts they're offering and I think it will be a lot of fun. The girls are really into Harry Potter so they're super excited about going. I keep thinking that moving to Florida may still be in the cards but we'll see.. I hope everyone is safe and didn't suffer any property damage due to the freeze. I know there are a lot of people with burst pipes and flooded homes. 

No comments: