Sunday, January 10, 2021

2021 seems even weirder than 2020 so far..

 

Wow.. Just wow... I don't even know what to say at this point. 2021 is even weirder than 2020 so far. This week we saw an attempted coup in the United States.. A group of terrorists stormed the Capitol building and tried to stop the Electoral College validation of the election to name Joe Biden as the next president of the United States. So far, 5 people were killed (including a police officer) but the terrorists weren't successful in their efforts. I sincerely hope that every person responsible is caught and justice is served. I really can't believe that I have to talk my kids about domestic terrorists. Things in this country are a mess right now.. From the riots over the summer to the attempted overthrowing of the government, the violence in this country needs to stop. Meanwhile, covid is out of control and is actually getting worse. I hope that things start to turn around soon..

Besides domestic terrorists trying to overthrow our election, the week here at home was relatively quiet. The girls are back at school and we're getting back into our routine. Caitlin had a checkup at the Doctor and had to get a shot which she didn't like. Cousin Maddie also celebrated her birthday this week. We all had a FaceTime call with her and sent her a gift card. I'm going to keep the post short this week. I hope things start to get a little more normal soon..

No comments: