Sunday, October 18, 2020

Vote



 Not a lot new to report this week. Covid cases continue to increase and the experts are saying that the winter is probably going to be pretty bad. The number of cases continues to go up fast in nearly 80% of the states we passed 50k new cases for several days last week. Something we hadn't done since July. Needless to say, it's not looking good and the response from the government has been a complete joke. There is no plan right now other than ignoring it. Act like it's not a big deal at it'll go away. Hopefully after the election, we'll get someone in office who will actually do something. Today I went and voted. I was surprised by how many people were there. I got there 45 minutes before they opened and I was still 7th in line. By the time I left, the line was throughout the inside of the building and even outside. 

Other than that, things are going well. This Wednesday I've got the day off and we're going to go get our fingerprints taken for our CHL. (Concealed Handgun License). I've been talking about getting the license for years and Toni and I finally took the class. The class was online and on demand so it wasn't too bad. We've already passed the written test and have submitted our background checks. After the fingerprints, we'll just need our shooting portion and we'll be done. I'm not concerned about the shooting portion but the wait times to take the shooting test are over a month. I hope everyone is staying safe!

No comments: