This week was short but productive. Monday we were off for Labor Day. I dropped off the truck to have the oil changed and to have the AC fixed. From time to time the cold air wouldn't blow on the drivers side. They were able to track it down and fix it under warranty so that was good. I also got them to do the state inspection so I can get my registration. During the week we also had a cold front come in and the average temperature dropped by 20 degrees which was nice. To get into the fall mood, I setup my laptop next to me on my desk and let a fireplace video run. :)
Yesterday was quite eventful. Toni had to go to work for a little while and on her way home her van started acting up. She dropped it off and I went and picked her up. They called today and it looks like her alternator went out again. We had it replaced a year or so ago but unfortunately while the part is covered, the labor alone for the alternator is going to cost $240.. We're also going to need to replace the battery and have some work done on her AC as well. Total cost is going to be close to $700. After getting home we finished painting and are really happy with how the downstairs looks. We're definitely going to have to paint the kitchen next since it clashes with the living and dining rooms but we'll get to that soon enough. Other than that things are going ok. The girls are doing good with virtual school and we've settled into a good routine. The longer this goes on, the less I want to ever go back to how things were before the virus. I keep debating selling my truck and if either buying a cheap car or just waiting to buy a cheap car if I ever go back to the office again. We've been saving a ton of money not going out much and I'm really excited about paying off the house quickly. Right now, we're on pace to pay 23 more payments and be done. Hopefully we'll be able to stick to this pace. :) I hope everyone is staying safe. With the fall coming I'm hoping that the 2nd wave of the virus that is being predicted isn't as bad ad some of the estimates I've heard.

No comments:
Post a Comment