This week went by pretty fast. Toni went to Midland Texas for a few days for her job and I stayed home with the girls and worked. I was on call this week but thankfully it wasn't too busy. I still ended up accumulating 5 more hours of comp time which is kind of sad considering I took 3 hours off on Monday but oh well. My comp time balance is nearing 50 hours at work and I've built up quite a bit of vacation time since the pandemic started. Needless to say, when the pandemic is over, I'm going to take a much needed vacation! We'll see what happens. The number of deaths from the pandemic in the country passed the 200k milestone this week. I don't see an end in sight either. There's talk of a vaccine being close but I'm not holding my breath. The stance being taken now by the government seems to be just ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away. We've been told that hardly anyone is affected by this virus which is ironic considering that it's currently the 3rd leading cause of death in the country. I'll just continue to be safe and take care of the family. We're doing well and continuing to stay home as much as possible. I've been listening to a lot of Dave Ramsey and Chris Hogan audiobooks. If nothing else, it's been a good distraction from the pandemic to focus on early retirement. We'll see how it goes but I think 60 is the target right now. I've been considering taking some classes on financial planning and maybe looking into getting certified and becoming a Certified Financial Planner. I'm still kind of toying with the idea but we'll see how it goes. I'm making really good money right now and would hate to have to start over with a new career. I've always enjoyed finance and I've been investing for over 20 years and decided to really start pushing hard a couple of years ago toward the goal of retiring early. Speaking of careers, Toni began her refresher course to get her real estate license yesterday. That will be a few weekends of work and then she'll take the test. After she gets the license, she'll probably start selling real estate part time and if it's something she enjoys, we'll plan accordingly and she can change careers. We'll see how all of that goes but I'm proud of her for pursuing her dream. :)
Sunday, September 27, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment