Sunday, July 5, 2020

Happy 4th of July!









Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone had a great and safe day! This week was interesting. I decided to try a juice cleanse to see if that would help with my constant stomach issues. The fast was a little difficult on the 2nd day but I'm glad I tried it. My stomach actually is doing a lot better than before I did it so it looks like it was worth the hassle. My blood pressure is also doing great and during the fast, my resting heart rate dropped about 10 points down into the high 50's which was really surprising. I plan to continue juicing and got a new juicer to make it easy. This week is also week 5 of my beard growth. Overall I'm happy with the growth to this point and just happy to have my beard back, even if it's a much shorter version.

This week we also had a power outage that knocked out power for about 2 hours. During that time we went and filled the truck with gas and went through a drive through for the kids for lunch. Luckily it wasn't anything too major but it did impact a pretty large area of around 3500 people.

This week I also purchased another 2 months worth of freeze dried food and vacuum sealed a few more bags worth of rice and beans to store. I'm starting to notice that as the number or coronavirus cases continues to increase, so does the number of items that are out of stock in my grocery deliveries lately. The number of cases has continued to climb and is now much higher than at any point since this all began. The summer was supposed to be the time that the virus started to drop before the 2nd wave hits in the fall. At this point, I won't be surprised to see cases top 100,000 per day in the fall. Between the complete lack of leadership in the country and the morons who refuse to wear masks, I have a feeling things are going to get a lot worse. There are hospitals that are approaching full capacity and over 30 states are reporting increases in cases. We're continuing to stay home and stay safe as much as possible. We're starting to plan for Caitlin's birthday party which will be an online Zoom call with family and friends. It sucks that we can't go anywhere but if nothing else, this will be a birthday that she'll remember.

No comments: